Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Typhoid Fever’– Present Tense Childhood Memory.

I am three years old. I am standing and sort of hanging on to the wire door in front of my grandma’s house. I stand there keeping watch, I see my family and they seem to be having a great time together. Suddenly I hear church bells. They are very vague and far but, they can still be heard. My uncles, aunts, parents and grandparents seem surprised. I see my uncles and my mom pull a little clear plastic bag. Out of the bag come out a variety of decorated cardboard made into different shapes. Squares, triangles, octagons, polygons, cylinders, circles, even small rockets and long sticks that resemble that of incense sticks. A sudden instinct of mine tells me to head out there with them. I do as my instinct tells me and I follow. Out the door I go suddenly I run to my mom who by now is lighting up one of the cardboard pieces. I am startled by the sound of the cardboard shooting up into the sky and blowing up in to millions of colorful sparks in the dark sky. I run screaming back into the house and standing back in my safe spot right behind the wire door. I hear my mom scream at me “That’s what you get I told you to stay inside!”

5 comments:

  1. Wow I really like how you talked about the bells in the begging. You gave a lot of good details, and I felt like I could see what was happening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, oh my gosh. I understood everything that happened, the way you wrote about it is so descriptive and detailed. Did you write this yourself? I need you to be typing my homework, just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsea I am so proud of your writing skills there getting better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree! You did a great job of using concrete sensory details.

    ReplyDelete