Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fourth Quarter Kickoff Reflection/ Echocardiogram

I did not attend the fourth quarter kick off I had an echocardiogram that day and it was very interesting! When I got to the doctors they told me they needed am echocardiogram. I thought to myself “What the heck is that?” I was very scared at first and then they explained to me that it was going to be ok. I didn’t know what it was they told me it was like an ultrasound of my heart so I was a tiny bit calmer but still pretty scared and anxious. When I got to the room they put three sticker wire things on my chest and ribcage and then the process began! When I saw my heart I smiled I was so excited for some reason. I guess because now I actually knew and was aware from that day on that I in fact did have a heart. I got to hear my heartbeat and it sounds nothing like what you hear in movies or television. It made a sloshing noise. I got to see the four chambers of my heart, which I thought, were pretty amazing, and then I finally asked for a picture the ultrasound technician gave me two. When she took off the stickers it kind of stung a little, but before I knew it I was back home and I gave Griselda one of the pictures. I happily told her about the whole appointment!

1 comment:

  1. Is that really a picture of an echocardiogram? If you bring in your picture, we can scan it.

    ReplyDelete