Thursday, January 13, 2011

San Pasqual Academy Dragons Symbolism


Our school mascot at San Pasqual academy is a blue dragon. A mythical creature known to be intimidating, vicious, and also for its ability to fly and go anywhere it wants, and of course to breathe fire. I’d like to think that the reason this mascot was chosen is to make us students at San Pasqual academy seem vicious, because believe me some of us can be. Not only just attitude wise, but academically and successfully vicious. The dragon is mythical if, for example, you were to say, “Jeff dragons are real and they breathe fire”, chances are they won’t have any kind of credibility in you. I gave this example, because as a foster youth student at SPA I know when I tell some of the stories of what I’ve gone through people may not believe me. The dragon can fly and go where ever it wants; us as humans however cannot, but if we try hard enough and succeed at SPA, then chances are we will too, be able to go anywhere we’d like.

1 comment:

  1. Great analogy, Chelsea! This is a very insightful paragraph! I enjoyed reading it. :)

    ReplyDelete