Friday, March 11, 2011

“A Storm in the Mountains” One with Nature


A time that felt I was one with nature would be a couple of summers ago. My dad took me fishing on the pier of Imperial Beach, and it was around eight at night, but we didn’t mind. We were the only two people fishing. My mother and sister were on the pier, but they were very quiet eating ice cream. Suddenly I cast my fishing pole far into the ocean. The ocean’s current had become very mellow and gentle. It was very soothing and I felt at peace. It was so beautiful I wanted to jump into the ocean from the pier, but my dad warned me not to or else my bones would break. After a while my dad wanted to go home, but I wanted to lie on the pier; listen to the soothing sounds of the sea, and watch the stars twinkling so beautifully in the sky. I will never forget that night, because not only did I feel like I was one with nature, but it was a great and beautiful night.

No comments:

Post a Comment